Village Security Plan
Mission Statement: What we are here for . . .
Aim of Chishill Security (PC Security sub-committee) is “to help residents and police ensure that Chishill becomes one of the safest villages in Cambridgeshire where crime is less likely to happen”.
Members: Greg Dodd, Peter Homent, Neil Heywood (838506), John Wahlich, John Ridge, Robin Dibblee (chair)
- Encourage all victims of crime to report all incidents to the Police
- Ad hoc, non-specialist signposting and advice, for villagers who have security worries. Neil Heywood (838506) and Robin Dibblee (838276) are telephone contacts.
- Record systematically and publish all reported history of incidents from Police UK Website), to inform the village and also lessen concern.
- Public CCTV is a proven effective deterrent but we believe it is not suitable for the village due to Data Protection issues. Households seeking individual advice on CCTV installation can contact Peter Homent (838281).
- Develop relationship with local Police contact
- Raise the profile of security in the Village in a way that does not increase community anxiety but deters criminals by:
- Wine & Crime Evening
- Security quiz
- Sign up to security email network, underwritten by PC
- Low-down on Ecrime from the ‘Emole’
- Role plays on how security situations might be managed
- Short Crime Prevention Presentation from nominated Police Link
- ‘Bobby Scheme’ presentation
- Brief presentation on current offence situation
- Early Security Alert ‘undisclosed recipient’ email network system, to be developed organically through personal contacts and volunteers.
- Regular updates on PC website to publicise agenda
- Regular articles in village news sheet